A standard sized trash bag holds 13-15 gallons
OUR TRASH/RECYCLING GUIDE
PICKUP TIMES AND POSTPONEMENTS
● Everything must be out by 8 a.m. on your pickup day. Trash & recyclables will be picked up anytime between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
● In the event of a major storm, or holiday, we will e-mail or call you to inform you of a postponement as soon as we know. It will also be posted on our Facebook page.
TRASH | OTHER ITEMS | RETURNABLES
TRASH must be in closed, CLEAR bags. If you have additional trash beyond your service level, we will take it if you set up an arrangement prior to pick up. Max. weight per bag is ~30 lbs. Customers are responsible for their own trash receptacles. Please discuss and agree on trash location with rider.
OTHER ITEMS must be put separate from trash:
• Books – in a separate bag, marked
• Compost – food scraps to be composted. (See our compost page for composting info)
• Clothes, textiles and shoes for donation – must be in closed bags and marked as a donation.
• Scrap metal – small items.
• Christmas trees – $15 to $25 extra, depending on size.
• Fluorescent bulbs and tubes – must be carefully packaged and labeled. There may be a charge for large quantities.
• Anything else – Contact us to inquire!
Heavy items or large quantities by arrangement only and for an extra charge.
RETURNABLES must be put in a separate bag/container and do not flatten. Must be purchased in the state of Maine. Liquor and wine bottles must have the ME 15¢ sticker.
Spoke Folks can loan totes! Recycling limit without prior arrangement is three 14-gallon totes.
Recycling must be assorted in separate totes as follows:
Must be clean and dry. No grease or food residue. Flatten all boxes.
× NO: Waxed cardboard, waxed paper, greasy pizza boxes*
(*can be composted)
Other Paper and White Cardboard
Must be clean and dry. Clean papers, shredded paper, junk mail, magazines, envelopes with windows, greeting cards and wrapping paper (no foils or metallics), paper bags, paperbacks and phonebooks with covers, egg cartons.
Paperclips, staples and metal spirals are ok if on papers.
Glass, #2 plastic, Tin, Aluminum
Empty and rinse all containers. Flatten if possible.
Metal cans, foil, milk and juice cartons, glass bottles and jars, plastic bottles and jars, tubs and jugs.
Number 2 plastic only, check the bottom please! Plastic caps are accepted if attached to their container.
× NO: Molded plastic (ex: take-out trays), black plastic, plastic or styrofoam egg cartons, plastic cups, tops, or utensils, straws, dishes, Pyrex, styrofoam, plastic bags, plastic hangers, flowerpots/trays, CDs, soda/beer holders, containers over 2 gallons, broken or other glass such as light bulbs, window or auto glass, motor oil or other hazardous product containers.